Feral Life
Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ! Free_fox_icon_2_by_AlieTheKitsune

Welcome to Feral Life! Please take a look around and register if you are interested in us. If you have any questions, the Help Den board is guest friendly, so feel free to contact the staff there.
Enjoy your stay!

-Feral Life Management
Feral Life
Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ! Free_fox_icon_2_by_AlieTheKitsune

Welcome to Feral Life! Please take a look around and register if you are interested in us. If you have any questions, the Help Den board is guest friendly, so feel free to contact the staff there.
Enjoy your stay!

-Feral Life Management
Feral Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you survive the call of the wild?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Valkrie
Admin
Admin
Valkrie

Feral Points : 22227

Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ! Empty
PostSubject: Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ!   Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ! EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:10 pm

What is Pack Central?
People post their own packs here from the Feral Life Roleplay, which people can join. Every pack is different in some way and there are tons to choose from. Some even have games, contests, and fun activities! Packs are a great way to make friends and meet more people in the community.
Let me point out that by 'Pack' Central, we don't mean just wolves. We are just meaning groups of animals in general. Horse herds, mountain lion clans, etc. are also allowed on this board!
Below are some tips about how to set up a thread.

What is allowed in the packs?
♦ Creating contest and activities, hosting games, etc.
♦ Advertising your pack in the "Advertise your pack here!" topic in Pack Central
♦ Having your own pack ranks and structure
♦ Creating your own set of 'Pack Rules’
♦ Being creative!

What isn't allowed?
♦ Roleplaying on Pack Central threads (All the roleplaying should take place in the actual roleplay!)
♦ Copying other pack topics
♦ Claiming ideas are strictly yours
♦ Bashing other packs or people
♦ Not following the Feral Life Rules

How do I create a pack name?
Creating the name of your new pack is sometimes difficult to do. It is advised to not use the same name as another pack, since that could cause conflict. We recommend using a name that matches your pack. For instance, if your pack is based on a water theme, you should choose a name that has something to do with water. You may also want to use the search feature of the forums before deciding on a pack name to make sure another pack doesn't already have a name similar to your idea.

How do I start a pack in Pack Central?
First, decide on a name you want for your pack(make sure that the name isn't already in use or it could cause a conflict!), then afterwards figure out what ranks you want for your members; any activities, the pack's rules, and an application for them to join. Remember to make sure your pack follows the rules, otherwise the topic could be locked.

What should I put in the first post?
There are a ton of things you can put in the first post. It’s always great to start with an introduction and/or the pack’s name. Lots of people like to know what the pack is about and what to expect if they join the pack. From there, you can add pack goals, statistics (how many people are in the pack, etc.), ranks, joining forms, and a lot more.
Ranks are one thing that’s always interesting in a pack. There are normally 1-2 leaders that rule and own the pack, though you can decide how many you’d like/need for your pack. Depending on how you’d like your pack, you can own it by yourself or share the responsibility with a friend. We recommend being creative when coming up with rank names and descriptions for them. Decoration is also great to use and attracts people to your topic. Without decoration, the pack topic may look a bit boring. Coloring your pack topic with the pack colors also attracts people. Make sure your pack topic looks interesting and unique. You can always continue to edit your pack once it’s been posted, so you can always update it and add more details if needed. Be creative!

Am I allowed to have the same name as another pack?
No, we do not encourage users to have the same name as other packs. It can cause confusion and possibly dispute between users. However, it is alright to have similar names (e.g.- Original Name: Flaming Creek; Similar Name: Flame Creek), but we encourage users to be original with their pack names. If you find that another pack has the exact same pack name as your pack, then it's recommended to contact the author and politely discuss changing it.

Can I have more than one topic for my pack?
Sorry, but no. We ask users to only have one topic per pack, so things are able to stay organized in the Pack Central Board. However, if you want to create a new topic for your pack and no longer wish to have your old topic, message a moderator to lock/remove your old one, then you can make a new one.

Is there any restriction on the amount of packs I can create?
There is no number restriction to making a pack, you are able to make as many as you want but only if you are sure that you're capable of leading more than one. It is recommended that you only have one pack that you have created since it's easier to keep up with; however it is still your decision.

What are ranks? How can I create them?
Ranks are the 'status' of your pack's members. They often range from highest to lowest on the scale, the most common being Alpha, Beta, Delta, Omega ect. Although they are not proper for a real life wolf pack; it can be used on an actual pack topic. There are various ways you can think of rank ideas, including creative names for them! What I'd recommend is using synonyms of what you want in your pack. Eg. Warrior = Fighter Scout = Scavenger etc.

What should I do if I no longer want my pack open?
If you wish to close your pack, rather than having it stink to the depths of the forums (since then it is at risk of being bumped back up), we recommend that you contact a moderator to either lock or delete your pack.

How should I go about looking for a pack?
First, take a look through the 'Advertise Your Pack Here!' topic and scan the last few pages. If you find a pack that you like, visit their topic in Pack Central (a good advertisement will usually provide a link!). Make sure to read their whole first post so you know what the pack is about, who leads it, and what their rules and regulations are. If you like the pack and want to get involved, then follow their rules for applying and wait for acceptance! If your accepted into the pack, you can have your character bump into the pack in the Feral Life RP and join them! Pack leaders are generally friendly people and will decide upon your acceptance fairly. If you don't like that particular pack, keep looking around the Pack Central board and users' signatures. You'll find one eventually!

Copyright and credit for a lot of these rules goes to the WolfQuest Community. Thank you.
Back to top Go down

Pack Central FAQ ~ MUST READ!
Page 1 of 1